Monday, March 17, 2008

Should have kept my mouth shut

So Andrew and I were talking the other night, and the subject of the weather and camping over the weekend came up, and I made light of the fact that the weather forecast for this coming weekend (March 21st to 23rd) forecast 100% precipitation in and around the coast between San Sebastián and Irún. I even went so far as to look at the isobar patterns online to see how bad it was going to be. And I thought, Naaaaaaahhhh....at best, it'll be a little bit of spit here and there, maybe a couple of cold fronts coming through every so often and maybe we'll get a good lashing for fifteen minutes and then we'll be all right.

I should have kept my mouth shut. The weather forecast for the weekend now shows 100% possibility of precipitation for Friday, Saturday AND Sunday (so much for camping) and the winds might max out at 40 km/h on Sunday...right as we're supposed to be going around those wonderful coastal roads between Irún and Pasaia Donibane. I'm hoping that the weather forecasters are erring on the side of caution. Meanwhile, I've written the youth hostels in Irún to see if we can get accommodation. Just in case.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.