Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My vote for coolest youth hostel in Spain

Today is our rest day and to rest up, I'm going to treat myself. I've decided to have lunch in the Parador de Santa Catalina (I'll post pix later) and then at 5:00 pm I'm going to go to the spa. In the youth hostel.

Yes, you read that right. Jaén's new youth hostel is not just a place to lay your head at nights. The newly re-done facility also has a full-on spa, with services ranging from hydrotherapy to massage services to Pilates classes and even chocotherapy (where you get wrapped up in it, not eat it.) I'm going to do a hydrotherapy session and then have a massage on my hands and elbows...with any luck, they'll stop feeling like they're going to fall off.

Jaén is great. It's a small city, but Andalusian to its very bones, and the people here are a lot friendlier than I remember them being. When I was here last time, I remember them being somewhat rude and not very friendly, but who knows; maybe it was the weather that was getting to them.

Less wind now. More rain coming in during the weekend. Figures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for the e-mail update, so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you've had such lousy weather. Good luck with the rest of the adventure and enjoy the well-deserved time off at the beach. Ultrella!
Lena

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessie said...

Thanks for sharing I will visit and stay this youth hostel. I hope you can post some of pictures here so that it will be more appreciated. :)

Albergue Da Juventude