Sunday, February 17, 2008

Easter Candy Panic

I just got back from the grocery store, where I had a slight panic attack. I was buying pens and turned a corner, and came face to face with an Easter Bunny. Easter. Four weeks away.

Four weeks away. I'm trying not to panic, I'm trying to simply focus on the fact that this is only 28 days away, but every so often I come face to face with something like this, and I don't know how to react. A very large part of me just wants to be GONE, already, and I know that a lot of this has to do with the fact that I'm going to be entering a new phase of my life. I know perfectly that this stage of my life is going to mean closure for a lot of things that, until now, haven't been working - relationships, choices, things that I should have done ages ago but which I've been putting off for a while.

But this is a good thing. I know it is: I know that change is always scary, but it's always necessary, too. "Will", after all, is not a verb tense in English: it's a modal verb that can show determination, future results of present decisions. It's also a noun which shows strength, decisiveness, being fixed on a goal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.