Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Seven weeks to go!

Someone once said that a plan, a dream, really isn't a plan until you start getting people on board to help you. I really don't remember where I heard that. But yesterday I got over one of the big obstacles that was mentally keeping me from saying, "Yes! I am DOING this!"

I finally told my course coordinator yesterday that I needed time off between Easter and May, and, God bless her, she was fine with that. I don't know why I was sweating it so much: but the second thing I thought of, when I got the prize, was, "Oh my God -- what am I going to tell Alexis?" I'd just started new classes; I didn't really have ANY idea that I had a shot at the SALOMON WOMEN WILL prize, so I thought I was going to have a relatively normal autumn and winter, just getting away for weekends here and there.

And the new bike comes this weekend, too - a flaming red Orbea Arama.

Now all I have to do is keep the publicity up -- and wait six and a half more weeks before I can go to the Basque Country!

No comments: