Saturday, June 28, 2008

One more time?

Careful, my father said when I got back to Madrid. You're going to have a tough time readjusting to being back after being on the road for a while. And he was right. As difficult a challenge as it was, being back has been an even bigger challenge: there are times when I'll be on the bus or walking somewhere in the city, and I'll look up, and my mind will temporarily timeshift and I'll think, God, not so long ago I was riding up over there. I was free, on my bike for six weeks.

It's been almost two months since I got back and I have to confess that my mind is still on being away. I've decided to go back and do the first half of the route in August, to be able to experience it and truly, truly enjoy it, doing it with friends and in much better weather. I don't know if this is going to become an addiction or just something that requires constant upkeep, but in any case, my mind is definitely set on heading back.

A couple of my favourite Pedalibre people are coming along for various parts, and during the week, it looks like I'll be able to have some days riding solo.

I've been staring at the Day Thirteen Route Sheet for the last three days and have maybe written a dozen words. Is it time to head out again?

No comments: